Pages

Tims thoughts of the day

Welcome to Tim Yeo's blog

Search This Blog

Sunday 5 December 2010

Talent

I go regularly to concerts of up and coming musicians. It seems to me that nowadays there are more talented young soloists than ever. I'm amazed at the high standards and at the same time it's a little frustrating to realise that personally, I'll never reach that level! In these days of global exchange, with travel becoming easier and faster this abundance of talent means that competition is growing stronger on all levels.
When hearing a splendid concert with young musicians, I always like to think they have a great career ahead of them. But if this trend continues, only the really exceptionally talented artists will become successful. I hope to be gathering more information here about the situation in orchestras. Are there more suitable candidates than jobs? Is the required standard of proficiency higher than it was?
As for me, I'll keep plodding along at my own pace, while enjoying the high standards of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment